You are going on a Webquest about Eric Garner. Your teacher wants to ensure that are in school everyday. Your teacher is asking you to complete this Webquest because teachers care about the survival of their students. This Webquest is designed to help you and your classmates to avoid the same thing that happened to Eric Garner.
Your task is to research the Eric Garner incident and then develop a plan for avoiding the same thing that happened to Eric Garner to happen to you. You will research the Eric Garner incident and then working in your group recommend a plan of action so that the same thing that happened to Eric Garner will not happen to you.
- The teacher will review the scoring rubric for the task
- The teacher will divide the students into cooperative learning groups of four. Each student is assigned a job within the group to ensure the success of the group.
- Each group will research the Eric Garner incident.
- Each group will create a research paper about the Eric Garner incident
- Each group will create a PowerPoint presentation about avoiding incidents like the Eric Garner incident.
Webquest Scoring Rubric
Now that you have completed the Eric Garner Webquest you are better equipped to avoid incidents related to the Eric Garner incident. Each group has had an opportunity to develop survival strategies that will avoid circumstances such as the Eric Garner incident. As an extended activity, have each student to write a letter to their parents regarding their experience with the Webquest.
Dr. Derrick L. Campbell, Ed.D.
PO Box 1668 Blackwood, NJ 08012
Get Email Updates
Author of Promoting Positive Racial Teacher Student Classroom Relationships
“The model that you use to analyze teacher-student relationships is a good one for most school districts”. ~ Joe Vas ~ Perth Amboy Mayor
“Dr. Campbell’s Cultural Relationship Training Program is comprehensive, informative, and should be required training for all schools” ~ Darrell Pope ~ Hutchinson Kansas NAACP President